Sump Pump Problems
Sump Pump Maintenance and Sump Pump Installation in Columbus, OH
Do you have standing water in your basement or crawl space? Standing water or flooding can harm your home’s foundation or lead to mold growth. Only a reliable waterproofing system can drain excess water and give you a healthier home.
A flooded basement can be easily avoided if you have the right equipment installed. The Basement Doctor Columbus handles installation and maintenance for your basement or crawl space. Sump pump services in Columbus, OH, we provide include:
Through our services and 30 years of experience, we will give you the dry basement or crawl space you deserve.
Contact our basement waterproofing specialists today for a FREE basement inspection at (877) 264-9050. We also offer home repair financing and limited warranties.
What is a sump pump used for?
Sump pumps are waterproofing systems and your first line of defense against a basement flood. Our waterproofing systems remove accumulated water and discharge the water safely from your home.
There are two types – pedestal and submersible:
- The pedestal version has a motor mounted above the sump.
- The submersible group has the engine inside the sump and is sealed to prevent electrical short circuits.
How long do waterproofing systems last? Typically five to ten years for submersible, and 25 to 30 years for the pedestal. However, our models are designed to last. We can ensure your device lasts longer while performing better than our competitors through our annual maintenance program.
What makes a good sump pump?
- Alarm – An alarm can alert you to any internal failings, such as a power outage, and allow you to respond before your basement floods
- Sump Liner – A liner reduces the risk of clogs caused by pests and debris. Additionally, a liner provides protection in the form of heavy-duty, reinforced plastic
- Sump Lid – An airtight lid keeps odors and humidity out. Furthermore, a cap offers added protection from debris
- Pump Stands – Pump stands raise your device above the bottom of the liner. This elevation protects your device from any silt or sediment that settles on the bottom of the pit
- Discharge Line Protection – Sump pump discharge lines can freeze during the winter. Discharge line protection keeps lines running despite clogging or cold temperatures
- Battery Backup – Backup batteries for your device keep things running even when the power fails
Luckily, The Basement Doctor Columbus offers multiple patented systems, including the above features.
Contact The Basement Doctor for the Best Sump Pumps in Columbus, OH
The Basement Doctor Columbus offers patented waterproofing systems installed by certified waterproofing contractors. Your basement or crawl space may get wet without a reliable, powerful sump pump. And a damp, flooded basement is no fun for anyone and may cause problems down the line.
Let us address your waterproofing problems. From maintenance to repairs and installations, our waterproofing experts have your back.
Call us at (877) 264-9050 today to schedule a FREE sump pump inspection.