The Basement Doctor was proud to sponsor The 10th Annual Buckeye Cruise for Cancer. This cruise sets sail every year with a ship full of Buckeye players old and new, and hundreds of OSU fans. Everyone comes together with the goal to raise funds to beat cancer. This year’s cruise took place February 25 to March 2, 2017.
Over the years, The Buckeye Cruise has helped raise over 10 million dollars for cancer research. This year alone, the cruise raised 2.5 million dollars! Proceeds benefit the Urban & Shelley Meyer Fund for Cancer Research and OSUCCC-James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute.
In addition to our sponsorship, several members of our team had the opportunity to go on the cruise and had an amazing experience interacting with fans, cancer survivors, and of course, the players. Below is a recap in photos of their time spent on the ship.
- All of the OSU players on the cruise were on stage during the energetic opening ceremonies.
- A view from the 3rd floor overlooking the promenade on the ship. Scarlet and gray was represented everywhere!
- Shelley and Coach Urban Meyer talked about their foundation, why they teamed with the James and the amazing fundraising efforts they have witnessed by Ohio State Buckeye fans in an effort to fight cancer.
- A view of the pool. Buckeye fans know how to party. There were activities outside daily.
- Sponsor slide shown as people were coming into the main theatre for a rally event on the cruise.
- It wouldn’t be a Buckeye cruise without Brutus!
- The Basement Doctor sponsored “Replay You Make The Call” with NCAA Replay Referee Roger Parramore. Roger talked about the history of replay, the evolution to the booth and then gave the audience scenarios where they had to make the right call on the play.
- Rascall Flatts, Ohio natives, playing an amazing concert on the pool deck of the Independence of the Seas. What a show!
- O-H-I-O! Showing some Buckeye pride inside the dining room with a custom ice sculpture.